Monday 10 September 2012

filler

Since my craft projects are taking ages to finish (some brightspark decided embroidery was a good idea... then got distracted with making Hobbit garb), I have decided to start doing some filler entries in the long stretches between projects, this will mainly be recipes or ramblings about my garden (unless I get a specific request). I hope you enjoy and will forgive my tardy craftiness.
Today I would like to share one of my favourite, and more naughty, recipes...


Rocky Road Brownies

1 ½ cup plain flour
250g chocolate, coarsely chopped*
125g butter
½ cup chocolate chips*
½ cup mini marshmallows
½ cup glacĂ© cherries, chopped*
½ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup pecans, chopped*
2 large eggs

Preheat oven to 160 °C.
Line 20cm square baking pan with baking paper.
Melt 250g chocolate and butter in double boiler over simmering water; let cool for 5-10 minutes.
Transfer to bigger bowl, if needed, and mix in chocolate chips, marshmallows, cherries, coconut and pecans.
Add eggs, one at a time, and mix until blended.
Mix in flour.
Spoon batter into lined baking pan and bake for 30 minutes or until dry on top and firm to the touch.
Let cool in pan, then enjoy!

(*Dark, milk or white chocolate can be used, as well as other types of fruit and nut. Experiment!)

Here's one I prepared earlier (I've always wanted to say that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment