Tuesday 1 May 2012

April update


Well, so much for my a-post-a-month-minimum rule!
Here’s a quick recap of my March/April, because I know that you’re dying to know...

·         Saw Ross Noble live, learned that if you sit a row back from the stage he can see you and you will spend the rest of the evening having every question you answer turned into a joke... IT WAS AWESOME!

·         Took a cheese-making course with John and Juan at Home Cheese Making, made camembert with my own two hands and learned how to make ricotta... if you are a little OCD about cleanliness and hand sanitiser then cheese-making is for you!

·         Went to Canberra to see the Renaissance Exhibition at the National Gallery of Australia, and the artworks were amazing, nothing you print off a computer can compare to the depth of colour and the intricate detail of the Renaissance artists, it was mindboggling to see what the human hand is capable of.

·         Accepted the 2013 Sewing Challenge issued by Earthly Delights to create one item of Regency clothing per month until the Jane Austen Festival next year (which is the 200th anniversary of the publication of Pride and Prejudice, so I'm especially keen to attend and look fabulous!)... I am aiming to complete historically accurate undergarments (chemise, pantalettes, stay, petticoat and chemisette), as well as a day dress (or two), a ball gown, and accessories (bonnets, reticules, etc.). I will have to update the JAFA every month, so I will try to remember to blog my progress as well.

·         Finally, I was accepted to intern at the Powerhouse Museum working on the Australian Dress Register. I start tomorrow and I am very excited to work with historical garments, I will share news and pictures if I am able.

Until the next time I get off my lazy butt to blog

No comments:

Post a Comment